Verse of the day

Friday, February 20, 2009

Treasure

As I sit here watching this county's economy continue to slide and in particular the financial markets, I can't help but wonder, where is my treasure? To be certain, a good deal of my families assets are in our home and the stock market, and my manufacturing business is certainly affected by the economy, so I am not immune to the normal human worries about financial safety. But if I am to take my relationship with Christ seriously and if I am to take God at His word, my treasure should be in heaven and everything I own here on earth should belong to God. God is not losing money because the financial markets are in decline, He is not worried about it, nor is He surprised by any of it. If I am truly His servant here on earth, I should not be either. This does not take away my responsibility to be a good steward of what He has entrusted to me, it does however change my perspective on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment